The Chedworth Diggers are a communal garden. We grow vegetables organically as a group and share in the harvest. we work together helping and sharing in the care of the garden as well as exchanging skills and knowledge. We hold community days that aim to bring anyone living in the village together and enjoy the area and company. membership is open to the people living in the village and costs twenty pounds per year.
Please come along on the last Sunday of each month to share in our communal work day up at the Diggers Patch on Fields Road, near the football pitch. All welcome from 11a.m, even just to chat!
- To advance the education of the local community in Vegetable and recreational gardening and to encourage good environmental practices such as recycling and sustainable development.
- To work together to produce our own fresh, affordable vegetables.
- To promote the growing of plants and vegetables and educate people in the use of organic methods.
- To encourage the sharing of knowledge, experience and enthusiasm of vegetable production and promote community development.
- To encourage improvement to our diets, health and fitness and the cutting down on food miles, packaging, and waste.
- To create a beautiful space for people of all ages and from all sections of the community to meet, work together, learn and enjoy themselves.
Contact Joanne Leigh on 01285 720091 or email email@example.com about joining or for more information.