After several social events last year (launch party at the Manor, the Singers Concert and John Adams Piano Recital in the church itself and a Last Night of the Proms event in the Village Hall) we are planning two events which we hope will have wide appeal this year:
- A Spring Farm and Woodland Walk with barbeque afterwards on 26 April 2014 and
- A Concert in the Church given by local young musicians (jazz and classical) preceded by drinks and canapés in the Manor Garden on 20 September 2014.
SPRING NEWSLETTER 2014
Dear Friends of St. Andrew’s,
Launch Year 2013
Our launch year proved to be very busy and encouraging with well attended and enjoyable events:-
- Launch Drinks Party at The Manor on 23rd March
- Chedworth Singers Concert in St. Andrew’s Church on 11th May
- John Adams’ Piano Recital in St. Andrew’ Church on 3rd August
- Last Night of the Proms in the Village Hall on 7th September
By the end of 2013 65 households had signed up as Friends of St. Andrew’s Church.
We are very grateful for the support of the Friends and the wider community in raising £6,000.00 from the fundraising events and donations. The first meeting of the Trustees was held on 12th October 2013 when it was decided to allocate part of the funds so far collected to three items:-
- The heating costs of the Church in order to help preserve the structure of the building and the wellbeing of the congregation!
- Establishing a flower fund enabling there to be flowers in the Church on a regular basis.
- The production of a “Welcome” leaflet to give to new residents in Chedworth.
Renewals and Extensions of Friendship
Many friends have kindly provided standing orders, even when they were already sending regular payments to the Church, to show their support for FoStA and its aims. Others have also offered other types of non-financial help and are likely to have their offers taken up soon if they have not been already! In addition, several of you made exceptionally generous one-off donations last year to help our launch. If any who have not set up standing orders for the future feel able to do so, even of token amounts only reflecting their moral support, that would be greatly appreciated.
Do ask for a Friend’s leaflet with the necessary form if you need one. Donations of any size or type are always very welcome.
You can also help us fulfil our purpose of reaching to the wider community by encouraging others to become Friends, perhaps inviting them to one of our events.
We are grateful to the Friends not only for the generous financial support but also in any offers of help for such tasks as cleaning, flower arranging, maintenance of the Churchyard and in organising/assisting with events.
The Church in 2013
The Church’s pivotal role in the community was reflected not only in the usual pattern of services but in the five baptisms, five weddings and three funeral services held. In the spring Kitty Morgan, a visitor from the United States made an excellent video of St. Andrew’s Church which is on the village website at the Church home page.
- Spring Farm and Woodland Walk at Manor Farm – 2.30 p.m. Saturday 26th April 2014.
Meet at the grain store on the Airfield, after the walk there will be tea and cakes.
- Autumn Music Evening celebrating local young musicians – in St. Andrew’s Church – 6.30 p.m. Saturday 20th September 2014 with drinks and canapés at 5.30 p.m.
In additional to regular newsletters reports will be included in Hill & Valley. We will also be approaching people with connections with Chedworth but have moved away particularly those who were christened or married in the Church.
We would welcome any feedback including suggestions for future events, publicity etc. Please contact Sue Callard (01285 720468 – email@example.com) or Sue Nashe.