Lent Course – God in the Week
It’s not too late to come to sessions in our Lent Course this year, God in the Week, which will help us reflect on our relationship with God in the week.
Each of our guest speakers will talk about their work and how God impacts it and vice versa. There will be a chance to look at the Bible too and to discuss the issues they are facing and how they also relate to us. The remaining sessions are:
- 7th March- Katherine Lawson – Katherine is a Community Specialist Palliative Care Nurse in Gloucestershire and worships at St Catharines Church in Gloucester. She will provide insight into how her faith impacts her work with those who are facing life limiting illness.
- 14th March- Emma Gravestock – Emma has a strong Christian faith and runs Prime Cuts, a hair dressing business in Cirencester. She lives with her husband and 4 children in Chedworth.
- 21st March- Peter Sidebotham – Peter is a Consultant Paediatrician who worships at Holy Trinity Church, Coventry. Peter will reflect on his own story and the concepts and verses that he has found significant in exploring his vocation over the years.
All meetings are at 7.30pm and at the Vicarage. Meetings are informal, and everyone is warmly welcome! Refreshments provided, as always. If you would like further details, contact Rev’d Stephen on 720392 or email@example.com.
Our Lent Lunches will take place on Tuesdays during Lent (20th, 27th February, 6th, 13th and 20th March) from 12 noon – 2pm. Everyone is warmly welcome. Many thanks to our hosts this year.
Luches still to take place are as follows:
- March 6th – Simon & Sylvia Colbeck, Ashcombe Edge, Chedworth
- March 13th – Peter & Annette Seymour, Windsor Cottage, Chedworth
- March 20th – David & Charlotte Boehm, Saffron Hill
Women’s World Day of Prayer
The Women’s World Day of Prayer Service takes place on Friday 2nd March at St Andrew’s Church, Chedworth at 7.30pm.
There will be a Brownie Fundraiser at the Vicarage on Sunday 4th March from 2-4pm, to raise money for Dementia Care. There will be teas, coffees, cakes, games, a jumble sale and a tuck shop! All welcome! Further information from the Brownies c/o Emily Jones on 720285.
Mothering Sunday – Sunday 11th March
This year, we will be having a Mothering Sunday Celebration on Sunday 11th March at the Tea Time Service in the skittle alley at The Seven Tuns, Chedworth at 4pm. This is an opportunity to praise God for mothers and to pray for family life everywhere. There will be refreshments after the service, as always.
Yanworth Easter Egg Hunt – 30th March
An Easter Egg Hunt and Family Gathering will take place at Yanworth at 4pm on Easter Saturday (30th March). Meet at St Michael’s Church. Easter Eggs for children of all ages. Refreshments served afterwards. All welcome.
Advance Notice – Chedworth Games 2018
After the sucess of previous years, the Chedworth Games will be run again this year on Saturday 21st July. All the events you love, with some new twists for 2018!
Annual Parochial Church Meetings
The Annual Parochial Church Meetings in the Benefice are as follows:
- Yanworth with Stowell – Wednesday 18th April at 7.30pm at St Michael’s Church, Yanworth
- Chedworth – Tuesday 17th April at 7.30pm, at St Andrew’s School.
- Coln St Dennis with Coln Rogers – Wednesday 25th April at 7.30pm, at Coln Valley Village Hall.
These meetings are open to all parishioners, not just regular church attenders, and are your opportunity to hear about the church’s plans and progress and to contribute your views.