Church Services and Events
As you will be aware, the normal pattern of church services and events is suspended and, following the government announcement recently, church buildings are closed, even for private prayer. For the Church of England’s guidance on COVID-19 response see https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-churches
However, the church is still a worshipping community, even if it is a dispersed and virtual community. The church is still active in Chedworth in many ways:
- Our weekly worship and prayer resource, Looking Up is being circulated. If you would like to receive Looking Up, please contact Rev’d Stephen Goundrey-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be video material and other regular posts from St Andrew’s Church via email and on local social media pages – see below.
- Our Ministry Team members are on hand to coordinate help for people in the community who may need it.
Also: do look out for digital prayer and worship resources from the Church of England. See above link. And remember that there are churches elsewhere who are live streaming services.
The Sundays and Festivals for the next month are:
- Sunday 29th March – Lent 5/Passion Sunday
- Sunday 5th April – Palm Sunday – a video address will be released.
- Thursday 9th April – Maundy Thursday
- Friday 10th April – Good Friday – a video address will be released.
- Sunday 12th April – Easter Sunday – a short video Easter Service will be released.
- Sunday 19th April – Easter 2
- Sunday 26th April – Easter 3
Sadly, baptisms and weddings cannot take place at present. For funerals, graveside ceremonies and crematorium ceremonies can take, in accordance with guidelines. See the Rector for details.
May God bless you all at this difficult time.