STROUD WINTER MIXED LEAGUE
Last winter we had a pool of 17 members who played for the Hill & Valley team in this mixed league and we finished 2nd in Division Two. It is likely that we will play in the first or second division out of three divisions this year. Since the matches proved popular, we would like to enter a team again this year as it is an excellent way of keeping up competitive tennis through to the Spring. What makes it particularly appealing is that each match involves men’s doubles, ladies’ doubles and mixed doubles rubbers.
- For those unfamiliar with the Stroud Winter League, it is a friendly competition with matches generally played at 10.00am on Sunday mornings.
- Each player plays two rubbers per match (of two sets each, so you play four sets max).
- You and your partner score a point for each set you win, so unlike the summer league, there’s no need to get a clear result.
- We play the men’s and ladies’ doubles rubbers first, then we switch partners and play two mixed doubles rubbers to finish.
- Matches are played from the end of September through to Easter, though we try to play the majority of matches before Christmas to get the best of the weather.
- There are normally 10-12 matches in total but you wouldn’t be expected to play in all of them.
Claire Watson will run the league team again this year. If you would like to be on the players list, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know if you can play home, away or both and how many matches you feel you could commit to/might like to play. See match list dates below
Match Dates so far
Sunday 29 September HOME Glos Wotton B 10.00
Sunday 3 November HOME Ciren B 10.00
Sunday 10 November HOME Cerney Lakes B 10.00
Sunday 24 November HOME Painswick C 10.00
Sunday 8 December AWAY Cerney Lakes B 11.00
Sunday 15 December HOME Ciren C 10.00
Sunday 12 January AWAY Glos Wotton B 10.00
Sunday 26 January AWAY Ciren C 12.30
Sunday 23 February AWAY Ciren B 12.30
Sunday 8 March AWAY Painswick C 10.00
LADIES OVER 60’S COMPETITION
This is new for the Club this year, it will be running between October and April next year, matches are during the week in the mornings, if you are interested in playing please contact Hilary Swan email@example.com
COLN VALLEY TOURNAMENT
The 2020 Coln Valley tournament will take place on Saturday, 13th June. More details and an entry form will be available in Spring 2020